Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dynamics and Particles

For my dynamics and particles class I wanted to create the BAMF kind of feel of particles that shadow the Jabberwocky's wings.
I have not been very successful with this as yet but i am still working on the kind of an effect that I would like to create. My main challenge is that in the Original BAMF effect it worked really well as they used millions and millions of particle instances, which is not something that i could replicate due to the time and also my machine constraints. I found that multi streaks are giving me a nice effect, similar to awarm of flies around the jabberwocky. Adding some cloud particles or even some fluids with that I could possibly generate a nice effect.

Here is my first test for that. I am using a model created by Adrian for another thesis student.

No comments: