Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Which Previz Class?????

For now we have decided to attended each others previz class.My thesis previz adviser is Myles and Adrian's is Patricia. Yesterday, I attended Adrian's class and they were looking at visual scripts. One thing that I learned is that a picture does not speak a thousand words. Unless of course your picture or sketch is so detailed that it will do just that.
Initially I was thinking about just creating thumbnails, rough sketches to convey the gist of the trailer, using them mainly to describe the camera action. But, our visual script will have to be as descriptive as possible to convey the action correctly.
Once we break it down into the visual script based on our script break down, is when we will see some of the problems we would run into.
Over this weekend I plan to put pencil to paper and attempt to sketch this out myself. If i do not succeed I will have to revert to doing it digitally.

No comments: